AWES (Advanced Well Equipment Standards) is a global industry workgroup formed under the guidance of OTM. The main task of the group is to prepare an international standard based on the statement of requirements of the end users of said downhole equipment. This committee and the resultant standards will not be designed to hamper innovation of equipment developed by suppliers and vendors. Instead the focus has been dedicated to standardizing the qualification testing criteria of said equipment as per mutually agreeable conditions.
AWES has published seven industry documents that are available to any interested party. Further details regarding the content of these documents (Table of contents, List of Figures and Introduction) are available from the downloadable document extracts.
Members are required to log-in to access copies of the RP. Non-members can purchase the RP’s by contacting Dawn Dukes
Usage of the purchased documents is licensed to a company for the internal use of its employees only. The documents can not be reproduced or shared outside of the company.
- AWES Recommended Practice For the Selection, Manufacture, Testing and Use of Open Hole Zonal Isolation Devices Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for the Qualification of Tubing Encased Conductor Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for Qualification of Downhole Sensors Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for the Qualification of Tubing Encased Fiber Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for Inflow Control Devices (ICDs) Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practise for Interval Control Valves Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for Permanently Installed In Well Drymate Connectors Extract | Full
- AWES Recommended Practice for Flat-Packs (FP) Extract | Full, and for Control Lines (CL) Extract | Full
If you are interested in joining the JIP and contributing to the development of the Industry Standards, please visit ‘Join Us‘.